Excursion in the wildlife from the Cyclops Coast to the medieval town of Taormina to get to know the myths linked to these places and marvel at its picturesque landscapes.
Duration: full day (7 hours)
Level of difficulty: easy
Excursion available every day except on Saturday and Sunday for at least 4 passengers – Excursion highlights:
- Pick-up at your accommodation. (Catania and hinterland)
- Visiting the Cyclops Coast, echoing the myth of Ulysses. You’ll get to know the truth lying behind the legend, while enjoying magnificent Faraglioni.
- the Jonic coast and it picturesque landscape as far as Isola bella in Taormina.
- Visiting Taorminawhere you’ll have time to walk along Corso Umberto. You’ll go shopping, visit churches and famous buildings, admire the Greek Theatre, enjoy the view of the Jonic coast from the Belvedere.
- After about two hours, your guide will be waiting for you at the opposite end of
Corso Umberto, and lead you to the restaurant for a tasty lunch.
- Typical Sicilian lunch
- Visiting the Alcantara River Park to marvel at its canyons formed about 300.000 years ago and surrounding a small river beach.
- Leaving back to Catania.