Full day excursion to get to know Syracuse, one of the most important ancient Greek towns in the Mediterranean, and marvel at its architectural and natural wonders.
Duration: half day (4 hours)
Level of difficulty: easy
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your accommodation. (Catania and hinterland)
- Getting to Syracuse and admire the enchanting seafront, stage for countless naval battles between Greeks, Carthaginians and Romans.
- Walking as far as the mythic Aretusa Fountain in Ortigia island.
- Walking around the town alleys to get to Piazza del Duomo and admire its historic buildings.
- Visiting the Cathedral and later a small church protecting an ancient painting by Caravaggio and ancient wood crosses dating back to the Christian period.
- Going on with the visit to Syracuse archaeological