On this excursion Wine is the main topic, and our proposal is an itinerary through winemaking on the slopes of the highest active volcano in Europe, a guided tasting of Etna wines at one of the most renowned cellars, a full day among taste and nature, ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes and thriving woods, breathtaking views, volcanic caves to be safely explored always accompanied by our excursion guides, experts in fascinating you with the secrets of Etna’s mysterious volcanic phenomena.
Duration: half day (4 hours)
Livello difficoltà: medium
Programme of the full day summer excursion on Etna:
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your accommodation . (Catania and hinterland)
- Climbing along the Volcanoslopes you will have the chance to look at the different lava castings coming from ancient flows (1991/93 eruptions)
- Pleasant walk along Etna paths finding out ancient and new craters, with a view of the entire Jonic coast from the top.
- Exploring a spectacular lava cave (we’ll provide helmets and torches).
- “Valle del Bove“, ancient Etna volcanic caldera.
- Stop for a tasting of Etna local wines at arenowned winery