Activity dedicated to fit hikers, a full day devoted to nature, pure trekking to reach the North-Eastern side, lunar landscapes, thriving woods and breathtaking views, volcanic caves to be safely explored and a typical Sicilian tasty packed lunch (not included in the price) that you can freely choose at a farm, and our guides, experts in fascinating you along the way with the secrets of Etna’s mysterious volcanic phenomena.
Duration: full day (7 hours)
Level of difficulty: difficult
Programme of the full day summer excursion on Etna:
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your accommodation. (Catania and hinterland)
- Stop at a farm for typical local products (cold cuts and cheese from Etna and Nebrodi mountains). You will have the chance to taste the products and choose your packed lunch according to individual tastes. (not included in the fee)
- Let’s go on board of our vehicles towards Linguaglossa Pinewood. You will admire a part of the ancient “Mareneve” road covered in asphalt and trapped into the 2002/2003 eruption lava (about 1600 m. high)
- We’ll go on as far as Piano Provenzana hut (about 1800 m. high). This is the last point we can reach by car.
- Start of our trekking (round trip total journey time on foot, about 4 hours)
- The path will lead you to the North-Eastern Crater.
- You will get to 2000 m. high, with a stunning view of 1923 lavas, that formed Etna’s longest volcanic chain, and the new 2002/2003 craters which destroyed Piano Provenzana.
- Brief stop to taste our packed lunch (not included in the fee) surrounded by the typical lunar landscape.
- Climbing along craters (about 2200 m. high) with a spectacular view of the entire Jonic coast from the top.
- Stop along our way back to explore one of Etna Volcanic caves.(we’ll provide helmets and torches)