Excursion on Etna leaving from Catania
Thanks to this excursion you will have the chance to visit Etna finding out the highest active volcano in Europe, among nature and tastes, ancient craters and new lava flows.
Joining this excursion on Etna leaving from Catania and nearby areas you will be able to see wonderful lunar landscapes and the thriving woods of Etna Regional Park, houses surrounded by lava and breathtaking views. An unforgettable guided visit to Etna that will allow you to safely explore volcanic caves, always accompanied by our excursion guides, experts in fascinating you with the secrets of Etna’s mysterious volcanic phenomena and at the end of this fantastic excursion you’ll find a tasting of typical products from Etna.
Duration: half day (4 hours)
Level of difficulty: medium
Programme of the summer excursion on Etna
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your accommodation. This guided visit to Etna will leave from Catania and hinterland.
- Climbing along the Volcanoslopes you will have the chance to look at the different lava castings coming from ancient flows (1991/93 eruptions)
- This excursion on Etna will be enriched by a pleasant walk finding out ancient andnew craters, with a view of the entire Jonic coast from the top.
- Exploring a spectacular lava cave. (we’ll provide helmets and torches necessary for the excursion to the cave).
- Unforgettable visit to “Valle del Bove“, ancient Etna volcanic caldera.
- During the tour we will have a pleasant stop at the Honey Extraction Laboratory, for a tasting of typical products from Etna, among which Oil and Wines.