Excursion on Etna leaving from Catania
A full day dedicated to the origin and myth of the highest active volcano in Europe, accompanied by our guides, from the sea in Acitrezza and Acicastello where myths and legends merge with reality, Acitrezza “faraglioni” and the castle built on lava, climbing up Etna slopes, new lava flows, lunar landscapes and thriving woods, houses surrounded by lava and breathtaking views, volcanic caves to be safely explored and a tasty lunch at a typical Sicilian restaurant.
Duration: full day (6 hours)
Level of difficulty: medium
Programme of the summer excursion on Etna
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your accommodation. (Catania and hinterland)
- Visit to Aci Castello and Acitrezza to become familiar with the myths and the places that gave origin to
- Climbing along the Volcanoslopes you will have the chance to look at the different lava castings coming from ancient flows (1991/93 eruptions)
- Pleasant walk finding out ancient and new craters, with a view of the entire Jonic coast from the top.
- Exploring a spectacular lava cave. (we’ll provide helmets and torches)
- the “Valle del Bove“, ancient volcanic caldera;
- Stop for a typical Sicilian lunch