Excursion on Etna leaving from Catania
An unforgettable excursion on Etna! Sunset lights on the highest active volcano in Europe, a tasting of typical products from Etna, ancient craters and new lava flows.
This excursion on Etna leaving from Catania includes an itinerary finding out lunar landscapes and the thriving woods of Etna Regional Park, houses surrounded by lava, breathtaking views, volcanic caves to be safely explored.
In this spring/summer excursion on Etna you will be always accompanied by our guides experts in fascinating you with the secrets of Etna’s mysterious volcanic phenomena, enjoying an unforgettable landscape framed by sunset lights.
Are you in the Taormina area? Take part in the Etna Sunset Tour Excursion from Taormina.
Duration: half day (4 hours)
Level of difficulty: medium
Programme of this excursion on Etna
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your accommodation. This Etna tour will leave from Catania and hinterland
- During the tour we will have a pleasant stop at the Honey Extraction Laboratory, for a tasting of typical products from Etna, among which Oil and Wines.
- Climbing along the Volcanoslopes you will have the chance to look at the different lava castings coming from ancient flows (1991/93 eruptions)
- Pleasant walk along Etna paths finding out ancient and new craters, with a view of the entire Jonic coast from the top.
- Exploring a spectacular lava cave (we’ll provide helmets and torches necessary for the excursion to the cave).
- Guided visit to “Valle del Bove“, ancient Etna volcanic caldera.