On this excursion the main topic is baroque architecture in Catania. Our itinerary will lead you through the main architectural structures of Catania city centre . Accompanied by our guides, who will fascinate you with the story of the city rich in myths and legends, you’ll appreciate the architectural wonders and be able to integrate the offer with a rich tasting of typical local products.
- Pick-up and drop-off at the entrance of Catania port.
- Visit to Piazza Università with the impressive Palazzo Centrale, headquarter of some departments of the University.
- The tour goes on visiting Piazza del Duomo where the main streets of the city, via Etnea and via Vittorio Emanuele,
- Enjoy the Elephant Fountain, the symbol of the city.
- On the Eastern side of the square you’ll see the Cathedral, dedicated to Saint Agatha, with its baroque façade.
- Visit to Palazzo del Municipio also called Senate Palace or Elephants Palace, built by architect Vaccarini, and then proceed towards the fish market.
- You’ll get to Amenano Fountain, fed by the waters of the homonymous underground river crossing the city, and from there you’ll have a picturesque snapshot of the Fish Market, a place where you can actually feel the beating heart of the city.
- Visit to Via dei Crociferi, described as one the most beautiful streets in Italy, with its buildings, convents and churches and their stunning façades, representing the greatest example of Baroque in Catania.
- TASTING OPTION: you’ll be able to choose to take part in a rich tasting of typical local products at a renowned restaurant in the city centre.
- The tour will end in Piazza Stesicoro where you’ll have the chance to marvel at the ancient Roman Amphitheatre and the monument dedicated to Vincenzo Bellini
- Going back to Catania port in time to embark.